I Can't Forgive (Remix) I Can't Forgive (Remix)

I really dig the drop dude. The drum loop was extremely lovely. I would have lowered the octave of the lead a little bit but other than that everything was awesome.

Dark Cloud Main Theme Rock/Met Dark Cloud Main Theme Rock/Met

I really enjoyed the lead guitar a lot. The guitar perfectly blended in with everything else. I would suggest that you EQ the piano since it sounded really rough. Aside from all those minor issues the song sounded really good.

Celebrate Celebrate

I'm curious to see if you Mix and Mastered the track because the beginning almost killed my ears or, maybe it was just the brass. Still I really enjoyed the the melody all together. It reminded me of some chessy 70s theme show. I would suggest to Mix and Master a little more (or do it if you haven't) because each individual instrument is not getting the star power it deserves. Also, the jazz track sounds louder than it really needs to be.

Bspendlove responds:

The mix sounds alright to me, I have listened to it on 3 different headphones... Might just be my ears playing up on me, I do like it loud when I listen to music though. Haha.

Yeah I have not actually done anything to the mastering and mixing because I am lazy like that, I do mix a lot of my comps but this one did not really make me feel its good enough to mix it...

Its just a 'rough???' demo I guess, no mix... just the pure sound from the libraries...

I might get onto finishing it though and then I will master it! Thanks :)

Supernova Supernova

This is a really great song. Really reminds me of Digital Love by daft punk. This is a great first submission to newgrounds. Imo the beat tends to repetitive but the vocals really make up for it in a very good way. It's a really calming song regardless though.

Fantastic Job Dude.

CosmicCowboy responds:

Thank you! I'll take the compliment of reminding someone of DP any day! Ty for scouting me as well ;)

Generic Mini-boss Generic Mini-boss

I really didn't feel like a boss battle song to me. It didn't give me that feeling where I get pumped up and excited to fight. Infact it gave me the opposite it didn't motivate me....I think this would pass for bgm or even a level but as a boss battle I don't think so.....lol

Cast Aside Cast Aside

It's seems like you already have realized your mistakes. Ironically enough your outro was extremely anti climatic. I would suggest that you try to produce a proper intro because I was literally staggered by the intro. This could be a nice chiptune song if you had a grasp on what you wanted. It seems like honestly you rushed through the song imo. Still you shouldn't let this clutter ruin the whole song. As you said there were 1 or 2 good parts to this song. I would suggest cutting out everything except those parts and start the song again scratch.

Still practice makes perfect so don't expect to have a perfect song right away.

Septyrikon responds:

I see your points, and admittedly, they're not that surprising to me. The whole point of this song was to experiment with different effects, and thus the melody and overall composition of the song has suffered. Still, I do appreciate the words :D

Lascia ch'io Minimal Lascia ch'io Minimal

This seemed to be a really good song but at the 1 min mark it made it seem like a totally different song. Due to the fact the transition was quite questionable.

Aside from that my only other complaint would be at times the noise is so fucking how that it seems to hurt my ears (when I'm using headphones) so pro bally you should mix a little differently but that's it.

It was quite enjoyable regardless of those 2 issues that could fixed easily.

3.5/5

Airprogressive responds:

Thank u 4 your comments & advise!

Three Reasons Three Reasons

This could have been the perfect ambient/whatever track. The little 8bit lead almost ruined the song for me. This was the due to the fact the transaction didn't blend in well at all. The drum loop reminds me a lot of deadmau5's song Sleepless. Which is really impressive. This was a really decent song except for the mismatch that was going on between 2:27- 3:25. I was surprised that you were able to blend in the 8bit like lead in with parts of the song beyond the time span (2:27 - 3:35). Which was really nice touch. All in all this was a really decent song. I enjoyed listening to the majority of it. Quality sounds extremely well (even thought I don't know what program you using) probably it's on par to a professional edm producer.

4/5

GershBeats responds:

Man, that's a big compliment and good criticism too, I appreciate it. I'm using FL9 but I strive to do things with it that make it sound unique, like nothing else.

I actually considered taking out the 2:27-3:35 part and just using the "8bit" (it's a glitched up square-synth! :D) instrument as a background effect. I've got a rendered version that cuts out that ~1 minute segment but I decided to leave it in - bad move, maybe! Anyways thanks a bunch I really appreciate the time you took to criticize and the compliments!